The exploratory meeting of the Cochrane Gynaecological Cancer Group (CGCG) was held in Oxford (UK) on June 6th and 7th 1996, and the subsequent application for registration with the Collaboration was approved on November 27th 1997.
Group meetings have been held on the following dates:
Past and future Colloquia:
- 1993 Oxford, UK (1st Cochrane Colloquium)
- 1994 Hamilton, Canada
- 1995 Oslo, Norway
- 1996 Adelaide, Australia - 'Making evidence-based health care a reality'
- 1997 Amsterdam, The Netherlands - 'Preparing, maintaining and disseminating the evidence'
- 1998 Baltimore, USA - 'Systematic reviews: evidence for action'
- 1999 Rome, Italy - 'The best evidence for health care: the role of The Cochrane Collaboration'
- 2000 Cape Town, South Africa - 'Evidence for action: challenges for The Cochrane Collaboration in the 21st century'
- 2001 Lyon, France - 'The evidence dissemination process: how to make it more efficient'
- 2002 Stavanger, Norway
- 2003 Barcelona, Spain - 'Evidence, health care and culture'
- 2004 Ottawa, Canada - 'Bridging the gaps'
- 2005 Melbourne, Australia - 'Corroboree'
- 2006 Dublin, Ireland - 'Come to the craic' Multimedia (Video, PowerPoint, Slidecasts from the plenaries)
- 2007 Sao Paulo, Brazil - 'Evidence-based health care for all' Multimedia (Podcasts, audio, Slidecasts from the plenaries)
- 2008 Freiburg, Germany (3-7 October) - 'Evidence in the era of globalisation' Multimedia (Podcasts, Slidecasts from the Plenaries)
- 2009 Singapore (11-14 October) - Multimedia (Slidecasts from the plenaries)
- 2010 Keystone, Colorado, USA (18-22 October)
- 2011 Madrid, Spain (19-22 October)
- 2012 Auckland, New Zealand (30 September - 3 October)
- 2013 Quebec, Canada (19-23 September)
Meetings after the CGCG were awarded a DOH Cochrane Programme Grant in April 2007:
• June 25th 2007 Birmingham, UK.
• September 25th 2007 at the King's Fund, London, UK.